Counseling Office

 Office Phone:

Office Fax:

Drulaine Reusing Counseling Secretary
Shelby Fisher School Counselor
Karen Jones School Counselor
Michelle Yingling School Counselor

All School Counselors

Classroom counseling lessons
Individual counseling (short-term)
Targeted group counseling
Attendance Committee
Incident Command System (ICS) Team
Student Support Team (MIT)
Peer mediation/conflict resolution
504 Case Management
Attend IDT & IEP Meetings
J. Adams Academy Transition
Honor Roll Recognition Celebrations

The School Counseling Department

  • Provides consultation and counseling services for students, teachers, and parents to promote academic success.
  • Provides individual, group, and family counseling services on an ongoing and as needed basis.
  • Attends appropriate community and agency meetings that support student families and community members.
  • Interfaces with multiple agencies to ensure access to necessary services.
  • Works jointly with administration, interdisciplinary teams, appropriate staff, and community members to provide a safe learning environment.
  • Participates on the following teams as appropriate: Incident Command System (ICS Team, SIT, MIT, MSAP, IEP, IDT, 504, etc.)
  • Interprets and maintains the permanent records of students.
  • Evaluates the records of entering students for proper placement.
  • Provides necessary information for transferring students.
  • Provides information to withdrawing students regarding alternatives toward completing an educational program.
  • Coordinates articulation for students entering and leaving middle school.
  • Coordinates a comprehensive conflict resolution program to include management of the Peer Mediation Program and Advisory Program.
  • Utilizes data for purposeful program planning.


Harrassment/Bullying/Cyberbullying Reporting 

If you feel that your child is being harrassed or bullied, please read the information on the attached link, fill out the attached form, and return it to Corkran Middle School as soon as possible.  The school will address the issue and provide support to you and your child to ensure that they feel safe at school.  If you need support regarding a potential harrassment or bullying situation, do not hesitate to call a school counselor or an administrator at 410-222-6493.

Bully Reporting

What Parents Need to Bring for Enrollment:

  1. 2 proofs of residency: One must be a mortgage statement, deed or lease and one must be a utility bill showing your current address.
  2. Proof of custody, if applicable
  3. Immunization records – proof of 2 MMRs
  4. Birth Certificate
  5. Most recent Report Card
  6. Any evaluations – standardized test scores, etc.
  7. Documentation of Special Services – IEP, 504, BIP, etc.
  8. Any medical concerns

Be sure to call 410-222-6495 to schedule an appointment to enroll your child.

For further information about AACPS Enrollment Procedures please visit this link: ENROLLMENT

Out of Area

Dear Parents(s)/Guardian(s):

Re: Just a reminder regarding the Out of Area Applications.

Out-of-Area Transfers (Submit between March 1 – May 1 Each Year)

Parents wishing to complete the necessary paperwork for Out-of-Area transfers for the school year 2014-2015 can now obtain information on Anne Arundel County Public Schools’ web page, The application must be completed and submitted each school year, even for children who already attend a school under an approved Out-of-Area transfer. The continuation is not automatic.

An Out-of-Area transfer is necessary for a student who is a county resident to attend a school within the county other than his or her assigned school. Transportation for these students is up to the parent/guardian. Parents should be sure to read the Frequently Asked Questions section of the page before filling out any applications.

Additional information, including how to submit an Out-of-Area transfer request, how the approval process works, changes in the process from previous years, and new online applications for elementary and secondary students, is available on the site.

(Submit between March 1 – May 1 Each Year) Applications cannot be accepted at schools after May 1.